Thursday 7 February 2013

Lizzie 2012 Review


Lizzie 2012 Review

Year: 2012
Stars: Amanda Baker, Leif Holt, Corbin Bernsen
Directed: David Dunn Jr.
Running Time: 93 mins





I had very high hopes for this movie it sounded good from the description which is here: ON AUGUST 4TH, 1892, ANDREW JACKSON BORDEN AND ABBY DURFEE BORDEN WERE BRUTALLY MURDERED WITH AN OLD HOUSEHOLD HATCHET. THE BLOWS OF THE MURDER WEAPON WERE SO VIOLENT AND NUMEROUS THAT THEIR FACES AND SKULLS WERE UNRECOGNIZABLY DISFIGURED. ALTHOUGH ACQUITTED, IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT THE DAUGHTER, LIZZIE BORDEN (Cindy Baer,nothing amazing other than acting in other b-movies) IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS SAVAGE EVIL ACT.

THE PRESENT DAY LIZZIE ALLEN SUFFERS FROM AN EXTREME CASE OF CHILDHOOD AMNESIA WHICH NOT ONLY LAYS DARK HER CHILDHOOD MEMORIES BUT ALSO HER RELATIONSHIP OR LACK THERE OF, OF HER PARENTS THEMSELVES. WHEN LIZZIE DISCOVERS THE NEWS OF HER FATHERS DEATH SHE INHERITS THE HOUSE SHE ONCE LIVED INAND THEREFORE A NEW PLACE TO LIVE.

BUT AS SHE BEGINS TO SETTLE IN SHE STARTS TO GET A GLIMPSE OF HER CHILDHOOD MEMORIES ALONG WITH CLUES AS TO WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN THE BORDEN HOUSEHOLD IN 1892. WE FOLLOW LIZZIES JOURNEY AS SHE ATTEMPTS TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE TWO AND STRIVES TO REACH HER OWN SANITY AND HAPPINESS WHILE DOING SO

This is the worst horror film I have watched in a little while.
The overall acting was poor and the quality of the film was just not acceptable.
As mentioned, the acting was terrible, which was an automatic put off. It wasn’t even the fault of the writing which was bad as well but even something written well here wouldn’t have elevated my mood.

I found myself cringing a lot at the acting when watching the film. The effects were reminiscent of an old 80’s film and not a good one at that.

The actual story to the film never seemed to want to come together; there was certain flatness to the film it was as though it never wanted to build up any anticipation.
I found myself constantly waiting for the moment to be shocked or even scared but it never came at all not once I was so surprised a film could be as bland and boring as this.

I was very disappointed and bored throughout the entire movie and I am positive that you will be as well. I know this isn’t in the style of any of my other reviews I’ve done a short cut way of reviewing by just giving you the DVD description instead my own description because this film so utterly empty and was a giant waste of my time.
0 stars for this one folks don’t give it go stay very clear of in fact 

No comments:

Post a Comment